Research Specialist I/II - Req: ID 2022-14434
The Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics seeks applicants for a Research Specialist I/II position to manage a broad collection of live Drosophila (fruit fly) stocks across multiple research laboratories at the Institute (Prs. Michael Levine, Thomas Gregor, Eric Wieschaus, Gertrud Schüpbach, and Jared Toettcher). This position requires independence and strong organizational skills, as it will entail managing time and resources to successfully maintain this collection – the fruit of decades of work, and a critical resource for current and future research.
This position will be essential to supporting cutting-edge research in these labs, which involves a wide array of tools ranging from molecular biology and genetics to genomics and state-of-the-art microscopy.
Salary and rank will be commensurate with experience. Salary will include the full benefits package. This is an 80% time position, 29 hours/week.
This will be a one-year term position, with the possibility of renewal contingent upon continued funding and satisfactory performance. Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will start as soon as possible.
Specific duties include:
- Maintenance of Drosophila
- Coordination of time and resources across multiple research teams.
- Participation in group meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in biology or related field.
- Excellent organizational skills and flexibility to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to maintain a meticulous daily laboratory notebook.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience with Drosophila melanogaster as an experimental system
The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
*Applications should be submitted online at Princeton University's Careers Site (Requisition Number: 2022-14434).* Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.