Research Specialist I - Req: ID 2020-12174
The Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics seeks applicants for a research technician (Research Specialist I) to provide technical support to the Genomics Core Facility by preparing samples and running the high-throughput sequencers.
This will be a one-year full-time term position, with the possibility of renewal contingent upon continued funding availability and satisfactory job performance. Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will start as soon as possible.
Specific duties include:
- Operation of Next-Generation sequencers and other instruments for genomic research.
- Quality control of DNA and RNA samples.
- Preparation of sequencing libraries using molecular biology techniques.
- Sample receiving, tracking, and management.
- Other lab tasks as assigned.
- Experience in molecular biology.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a meticulous laboratory notebook.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Bachelor's in biological sciences or related field.
- Experience with Illumina and/or Ion Torrent Sequencers.
- Experience with teaching or training others in a laboratory setting.
The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.
Applications should be submitted online at Princeton University's Careers Site (Requisition Number: 2020-12174).