Research Specialist I Position - Requisition# 2019-10728
The Kocher Lab is looking for a full-time molecular technician to provide research support with field and lab studies in insects to understand the genetic and environmental factors that shape variation in behavior.
The lab tech will generate genomic datasets in bees and other insects with varying forms of social behavior, including: DNA and RNA libraries and ChIP-seq data and work with insect cell lines. The lab tech will also assist with general lab maintenance and monitoring/ordering supplies, and keeping an inventory of lab samples. This is a one year term position with the possibility of renewal depending on performance and funding.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or a related field.
- Background in molecular biology or genomics.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot and optimize protocols, and manage projects.
- Capacity to work both independently and collaboratively.
The final candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW