Mass Spectrometry Specialist
Requisition Number: D-21-LSI-00005
The Rabinowitz lab, a recognized leader in metabolomics, seeks a mass spectrometry specialist to provide high-level technical and scientific support to their ~ 25 member team at Princeton University.
Essential qualifications include:
- Hands-on experience working in mass spectrometry, hardware and/or software
- Strong general knowledge and practical skills in one or more basic chemistry disciplines (analytical, physical, organic, biological)
- Good quantitative abilities
- Proven ability to successfully complete major research projects
- Effective communication and great team player
- Advanced degree or relevant combination of experience and education
Other valuable experience (not required) includes:
- Chromatography, including LC-MS or GC-MS
- Bioinformatics/computer programming
- Unknown compound identification
- Organic synthesis
- Biological research
- Metabolism research
We expect that the successful candidate will have an advanced degree, but we are open to applicants with alternative educational backgrounds who demonstrate a strong record of scientific achievement and relevant experience.
Major work responsibilities will include: LC-MS and GC-MS method development, unknown metabolite identification, instrument maintenance, sample analyses for collaborative and fee-for-service projects, data interpretation, report writing, and organization of team research efforts, which will frequently include collaborators from U Penn, Rutgers, and other Princeton University labs.
Applications should include a curriculum vitae (required), contact information for three references (required), and a list of publications (optional). Candidates must apply online at https://www.princeton.edu/acad-positions/position/19402
This position is subject to the University's background check policy.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.