Assistant Grants Manager
Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics
The Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics at Princeton University is seeking an Assistant Grants Manager, at the rank of ADM030, to assist with the administration of research grants for our faculty, students, and research staff. The Assistant Grants Manager serves as a resource for faculty, students and staff on policy and procedural questions related to grants management and financial controls. Under the supervision of the Grants and Finance Manager, the Assistant Grants Manager's primary responsibilities will be pre- and post-grant award activities related to various sponsored research projects in the Lewis-Sigler Institute.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Pre-Award responsibilities:
- Assemble and review proposal documentation in accordance with sponsor requirements.
- Prepare budgets, budget justification and subaward documentation as required.
- Ensures compliance with Research Integrity Assurance (RIA).
- Prepare grant proposal submissions through Princeton ERA and/or directly to the funding agency or foundation.
- Prepare Just-In-Time information as required by Sponsor.
- Post-Award responsibilities:
- Prepares reports and forecasts for Principal Investigators (PI). Monitors grants to ensure that spending is on track and in compliance with award regulations and policies.
- Prepares revised budgets and budget justifications as required.
- Maintains PI current and proposed funding support documents.
- Maintain confidential Labor Account effort in order to ensure the timely submission of salary and wage certifications.
- Tracks and monitors cost sharing commitments.
- Processes cost transfers as needed.
- Monitoring of subcontracts and/or subawards.
- Other responsibilities:
- Serves as a liaison between Lewis Sigler Institute and central university research administration offices.
- Works closely with Sponsored Research Accounting to review and verify reports, plus respond to requests from internal and external auditors.
- Communicates university and sponsored research policies and regulations to department faculty and staff. Ensures departmental compliance with applicable laws, policies and procedures.
- Attends all relevant training classes and stays current with changes in policies, procedures and processes pertaining to sponsored research.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience of 1-3 years accounting, business and grant experience.
- Strong background in budget development, account reconciliations, financial analysis and reporting.
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts and procedures.
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work proactively on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work with a variety of people including faculty, administrators, staff, students as well as outside individuals with professionalism and confidentiality as a representative of Princeton University
- A firm understanding of University, funding agency, departmental and Uniform Guidance policies is strongly preferred.
- Experience with University Systems and Software including PeopleSoft, Prime Financials, ERA, Labor Accounting and the Information Warehouse.
**How to Apply: Applications should be submitted online at Princeton University's Careers Site (Requisition Number: 2021-12583).**
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW