Associate Professional Specialist
Requisition No: D-18-LSI-00001
Position Description: Mass Spectrometry Associate Professional Specialist, Metabolomics
The Rabinowitz lab, a recognized leader in metabolomics, seeks a mass spectrometry expert, hired at the rank of Associate Professional Specialist or more senior, to contribute high-level technical expertise and project leadership to their ~ 20 member team at Princeton University.
Essential qualifications include:
1. Hands-on experience working in mass spectrometry, hardware and/or software
2. Strong general knowledge and practical skills in one or more basic chemistry disciplines (analytical, physical, organic, biological)
3. Good quantitative abilities
4. Proven ability to successfully complete major research projects
5. Effective communication
6. Advanced degree or relevant combination of experience and education
Other valuable experience (not required) includes:
8. Chromatography, including LC-MS or GC-MS
10. Bioinformatics/computer programming
12. Project leadership
13. Biological research
We expect that the successful candidate will have an advanced degree, but we are open to applicants with alternative educational backgrounds who demonstrate a strong record of scientific achievement and relevant experience.
Major work responsibilities will include LC-MS and GC-MS method development, unknown metabolite identification, instrument maintenance, sample analyses for collaborative and fee-for-service projects, data interpretation, report writing, and organization of team research efforts, which will frequently include collaborators from U Penn, Rutgers, and other Princeton University labs.
Applications must include a curriculum vitae, a list of publications, and contact information for three references.
Candidates must apply online at: https://www.princeton.edu/acad-positions/position/2401
This position is subject to the University's background check policy
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.